sbynews

DelMarVa’s Premier Source for Conservative News, Opinion, Analysis, and Human Interest

Contact Publisher Joe Albero at alberobutzo@wmconnect.com or 410-430-5349

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Biden faces major court defeat after trying to sell border wall materials before Trump takes over

President Biden has been forced to stop auctioning off materials used for the border wall after the Texas Attorney General stepped in to block the sales.

The unused material was put up for grabs by Congress who put a plan in place on how to dispose of the excess product after ending wall construction in 2021.

Attorney General Ken Paxton said on Friday that he had stopped the administration from getting rid of any more before president-elect Trump takes office in January.

The Biden administration agreed with the court order, according to Fox News, allowing President Trump to use the materials.

Last week, Trump asked a court in the red state to intervene in the sales, accusing Biden of selling off the materials after it was required to do so by Congress.

Paxton’s office said that the incumbent administration could be held in contempt of court if they go against the order.

The Southern state has long said they would continue to help Trump rebuild the wall at the southern border when he enters office.

More

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *